Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A True Love Story Never Ends

Hello Friends...

This page came about after trying a technique I saw on Pinterest that did not work so good for me, but seeing as it was a brand new sheet of BoBonny Madeleine collection, I did not want to discard it and decided to try and use it any-ways...The feel of the paper and especially the Madeleine Tiles paper is very distressed and old fashioned like, making it ideal for this photo that Georg and I took during a recent week-end breakaway... 



The technique is to transfere book paper with Gesso onto your paper...Well lol...mine did not transfer, it just got stuck and I had to rip the pieces of book paper off. I did however end up with some lovely texture and that is why I did not throw it away. Some Lindy's Stampgang mists and embossed texture paste saved the day!

I used the following Sprays,
Bodacious Blush and Chateau Rose
And Orange Creamsicle and Reindeer Moss Green Embossing Powder.







The Prima Clock-face and Keys were aged with Dusty Attic Rust Powder, a little Distress Paint and Crackle Paint and sealed with Glue and Seal. The flowers and Spring Berry cluster are from Petaloo's Botanica collection.







These are some photos to try and give you an idea of the textures...

Thank you for visiting my post...

~~~~~

Once you find someone to share your ups and downs,
downs are almost as good as ups. 
~Robert Brault~

6 comments:

  1. Looks great!
    As we say, embrace imperfection and love the results!
    Kind regards, Corina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all I can say is 'Yayy' for techniques that go awry!! This is absolutely stunning Patricia!! Whatever the background was supposed to look like, the result here is magnificent!! Looooove the colour and the different textures are awesome!! Beautiful work as always!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, the textures on your back ground are awesome! love that paper range too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think the newspaper looks terrific! I'm so glad you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page turned out fabulously and I would not even have thought that you had to make some alterations! The textures and design are so perfect and the end result so pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    true love

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...