Friday, September 19, 2014

~~ Dreamroad ~~

     It's a lovely Friday, sun...a lazy breeze, birds chatting away in the trees....And then tomorrow the mad dash to get Chantelle moved and settled in her new digs will begin...!!!

But until then I would love to share this page done for the Lindy's September Colour challenge. 

I had this image of an 'Old Timer' for awhile and just had to use it as the colours of the challenge matched the rusty colours of the truck...and because of the image on the Challenge-board as well. There is no real rhyme or reason behind this page other that I loved the image and wanted to play with colour and texture and just have some fun crating.
I once again used Prima papers and my ever popular Dusty Attic Chipboard... I have been neglecting my chipboard a little these past few months and must admit that it feels like playing with an old friend again...Prepare to see Dusty future more in my work again.



I have used the following Dusty Attic pieces on this page...

Birds on a Wire
Branches
Rustic Farm Fence

And they got treated with another all time favourite of mine...Lindy's Stampgang Mists...
My background paper was first gesso'd and I used a plastic bag to dab the LSG mists on.

Fuzzy Naval Peach
Gag me with a Spoon Grey
Mission Bells Brown 
Time Travel Teal 
Tilt-a-Wheel Teal: Flat Fabio
Queen Sheba's Silver EP
Shabby Turbine Teal and Steampunk Magicals







The little Birds were Gesso'd and painted with some of the mists. The wires were painted with a mixture of  texture gel and the magical's. 




.


I have treated the Prima Junkyard findings and Trinkets with several Distress Paints...Antique Bronze, Black Soot, Brushed Pewter, Forest Moss and Rusty Hinge. I have also sprinkled a few grains of Platinum UTEE on. 



The branches were inked with Distress inks, embossed with an embossing folder and edged with brown ink.



Now the Farm Fence got some work on it...I gave it a light and un-even coating with gesso. Then I mixed some coarse Texture gel with the Steampunk and Shabby Turbine Teal Magicals and applied that with a Tim Holtz Stripes mask on the chipboard. I randomly added some Queen Sheba Silver EP and Heat-set it. I used the Peach and Brown mists to paint the posts of the fence and green ink for the grass. I also sprayed some Grey mist on the bottom of the grasses for extra shimmer...It resulted in a colourful, textured piece...





The edges of my papers were also coloured with the Peach and Teal colours. On the title I added a few grains of Black UTEE.



I am adding this photo to show how I have used the LSG mists in three ways...The Teal's were done with the plastic bag, the Peach I sprayed through a mask and with the Grey I did some splatters with a paint brush! The green stripes are from the mask that I used on the fence...I could not let all the yummy texture go to waste...lol!



I thank you for taking the time to visit and more so leaving me a little message...I absolutly love reading them and appreciate every word!

~~~~~

Nostalgia is a file
 that removes the rough edges 
from the good old days. 
~Doug Larson~

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout Patricia. I love that photo and you are right it is just perfect for this challenge. Love the background with the mists. I must try with a plastic bag... looks cool. The chippies are just gorgeous I love those birds.... Awesome layout.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just can say WOW!!!!! Absolutely stunning LO. I love the background with all those details and the use of the mists is great.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sensational, rustic earthy and oh so country! I love the aged look on your chippies and beautiful photo too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! We are so happy you joined the Lindy's color challenge! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one of my favorite prodject!!! Absolutly stunning! Thank you for playing along with LSG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia another amazing layout. Wow to the photo used ! Great choice. Adore your embellishments choice too. So much details, love the rusty look. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lindy's Stamp Gang. Love, Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia, this is such a gorgeous layout. There is so much to look at. I love all of the detail. A totally fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Very beautiful!!! Thanks for playing with us at Lindy'sStampGang!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your picture and your way of interpreting the color challenge. Thank you for your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing layout!! Love the chippies and how you treat the junkyard finding. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...