Saturday, January 24, 2015

I am my own kind of Perfect
Prima January 2015 BAP



I love using sketches and usually challenge myself  to stay as true to the sketch as possible. I might flip or rotate it and always try to incorporate elements as shown in the sketch....
But when I saw this sketch by Jennifer Snyder my mind just saw one thing and I had to use the Artistic license to cut the main image in thirds. Therefore apology's to Jennifer...it is still your sketch...just changed a little...
I am also doing a page for the Prima PP and used the same sketch, as it was meant to be...lol!

Seeing as Finnabair has a Sparkle and Shine Blog Hop Challenge going on...I am entering this page over there....



You can still see the sketch...right???
I used two sheets of Prima paper, Love Affair from Time Traveler Collection and Roses are Red from Stationary Desk Collection.
After lightly gesso'ing parts of the background, I used a Prima Stencil and Clear Crackle Paste to create  the leaf pattern. 
I sprayed and splattered using Color Bloom Tea Stain and Vintage Coal Mists.
The horizontal Dotted lines are also stencilled using Pastel Brown Edge Chalk.



The crackles show up beautifully from the Vintage Coal mist that seeped into them .





The frame was cut and I coloured it with the same two sprays as the background.




Being inspired by Louise Nelson's awesome work with sequins made me dig mine out and use them as well...love the effect and think I will be using them more in future as well!



Around the edges of the frame I applied Charcoal Art Sugar, Henna Mica Flakes and Sterling Glass Glitter...all from the Finnabair line of Art Ingredients. They were all very easily adhered using Soft Matte Gel.



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog...Always so much appreciated.
Have a wonderful and restful weekend....
~~~~~

Never be in a hurry,
 do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.
 Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever,
 even if your whole world seems upset.
Saint Francis de Sales

15 comments:

  1. Great project! Good job! Congrats! I1m following your beautiful blog!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing! Really love the back ground details and sequins and glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly divine - I love everything about this. The colour, the texture, the sequins and the cut down photo. Superb :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this, but especially the use of sequins! - they just add just the right touch of sparkle and dimension to an already beautiful piece, especially with their iridescent quality. I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this, but especially the use of sequins! - they just add just the right touch of sparkle and dimension to an already beautiful piece, especially with their iridescent quality. I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL layout Patrice... Love the gorgeous rich colour and the way you cut the sketch... AWESOME. Great techniques on the background page too. Love the sequins....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Patricia...this is simply stunning. Love everything about this page xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a winner for sure Patricia! Very unique, creative and beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Patricia......absolutely love every little detail here. Stunning there is just no other word for your creation!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond amazing ! So far this is my favourite work of yours. So perfect, so beautiful and so yummy. Ah the shine, the sparkle... so much of mixed media here. Dear friend this is spectacular ! Thank you so much for sharing your art work with us. Thank you for taking part in Finnabair 'Sparkle & Shine' challenge. Best of luck. Hugs, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such precious details!! Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful! Thank you for joining the Finnabair "Sparkle and Shine" challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...