Wednesday, December 12, 2012

~~ Cute Baby ~~

This is a very nostalgic photo for me ... it is the only one I have of me as a little baby with my dad. That makes this a photo taken in 1963! Although he passed away 21 years already, I have the most fond memories of him and know that I carry many of his believes in me... I would have loved for him to have known his Grand children...know he would have made an amazing grandfather to them!



For this LO I used Pion Papers, a most gorgeous frame from Twiddleybitz, Prima flowers and Ingvild trinkets...



I take it that the Opening Gate was meant more for an Off the Page Project, for it has hinged doors, but I just loved the idea of using it on a LO! I painted the three layers in shades of blue and gave the top one some spots of Perfect Pearls highlights.



I embossed the Ironworks with black Stampendous Aged Enamel and placed some flowers and Fern Leaves behind them.



The stamped images are from a LeBlanche stamp.





The Butterfly is from the Flutterby's and Butterfly set from Twiddleybitz and was inked with Distress Inks and some Glossy Accent.



 A Zipper and Typo Bulb from Prima ... I coloured the Zipper with some Alcohol Ink.



The wings of the Cherub were dusted with some Perfect Pearls in blue and green. The flowers are Harlow Cashew from Prima.



I treated the Fern Leaves by dabbing some Texture Paste on them, then inked them with Distress Inks and a little Glitter.

Thank you for taking a stroll down memory lane with me...If you still have your Father...treasure them, for they may be gone all to soon....


I pressed my father's hand and told him I would protect his grave with my life. 
My father smiled and passed away to the spirit land. 
Chief Joseph 






4 comments:

  1. This is aboslutely gorgeous my friend..love the treatment that the gorgeous window got and the butterfly is too cute!! Love the stamping and the whole colour scheme!! Very, very beautiful :) Cute pic of baby Patricia too :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the windows look like real iron. What a special memory and a beautiful way to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still can't find my breath! this is one superb LO! Like all the treatments, lace, colours, ag, there isn't a single cm2 that I don't like!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...