Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dream as if you'll life Forever...

This LO designed itself....I had quite a different vision when I started it, had no photo in mind, no real embellishments ...just wanted to break away from my usual flowers and bling and girly ect. LO's! Wanted to try my hand at some mixed media, slapping the gesso and paint stuff on like so many great works I see....LOL...and this is what happened!

I wanted to use some of my OLD, never being used any more flowers, yes I know I did not want to do the flower thing, but I wanted the texture under all the gesso you see? Anyhow, I started painting the flowers with Tokreen, did not want them flat, thought of stiffening them and then paint them white with either gesso or texture paint...So here I am happily painting and placing them and in walks Chantelle and going..."oh that looks so pretty!" and whoops...I started looking at it all with a different eye and out flew the gesso and texture painting idea and an all together different LO emerged! And I am loving it...so the mixed media, gesso'd, textured LO has to wait till a next time!

 I bought a can of Krylon Webbing Spray at a craft shop, and got the most amazing effect on my Dusty Attic  Arch Window and the background as well... Let's see whether you also like the outcome of this self designed LO...



This photo is my son Francois, in 1985 when he was 2 years old with one of our dogs...



The Tokreen gives the flowers a wax-like feel and look. I sprayed the paper with the Webbing Spray as well and misted it with Lindys Stamp Gang Mist. The gauze is also stiffened with Tokreen. In hind side I could have done some stamping at this stage... 



This is what the Webbing Spray looks like.    



I held the window frame in the air and sprayed the Webbing, catching it in the corners giving it a spider web effect! I inked the frame and also added some crackle paint to it.



To create the window, I coloured a piece of transparency with Alcohol ink and adhered it to the back of the frame.







Ingvild / Prima's metal Shabby Chic Treasures, the Gate and Lamp post were also coloured with some Alcohol inks. I bend the gates a little to give them some dimension.



The clock hand was embossed with Stampendous Aged Taupe enamel. Doesn't it look divine? The word band is of course a Tim Holtz idea-ology swiped with some white Dabber.





My trusty Grass Clusters and mini bird House from Dusty were inked, crackle painted and some Distress Sticklers added as well.

This then is my LO... not what was planned at all, but very happy with the result...hope to soon try my hand at that mixed media one!!!



 A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable,
 but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. 
George Bernard Shaw




4 comments:

  1. oh, wow! and I like that spray! will look for one here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sjoe Patricia,
    Dis nou wragtig pragtig. Welgedaan. Kan nie wag vir die mixed media poging nie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! how beautiful! love the vintage look and your attention to detail is superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the layers on this and the crackle just makes the little items pop. Have not heard of webbing spray before...where have I been? I need this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...