Thursday, April 25, 2013

Remembering... April 2013 PPP

The Prima Product Pick and colour challenge for April really took me out of my comfort zone...I am Greens and Browns and earthy colours and now I had to work with these Spring colours!!! But I did enjoy playing with something out of the ordinary for once...Although this page in the end had a mind of its own! I had my photos, design and papers all set out, even had al the paper mats cut and positioned, and then I started with the texture and misting...lol...and everything changed!  By the time I was done misting, nothing worked any more and I had to do a roundabout on all of it!!! 

 In the end I used this photo of  my three kiddies taken in 1991..at least their clothes matched the colours of the palette as well...



I started by white washing the background paper, a sheet of Prima's Script Pad with Gesso and a wet wipe. Thereafter I added a border with some Gesso. I applied Seedless Preserve Distress Stain with a sponge, misted with water and dried with my heat gun. Then I spritzed some of the same colour on with a mini mister. I made the blobs with Peacock Feathers Distress Stain.



I also used Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink and a Prima mask to add the yellow dots. The punched elements were part of a mat that I cut and ended up being used as elements tucked between my flower clusters.



My flowers are a variation of different Prima flowers and snippets from a Cherry Bloom Branch.



On top of all the inking, I also sprayed some Goosebumps Texture Spray on the page.





This is a Amore Cherry heart and a Beads Petal Pin, both from Prima...



I also tucked some Resits Canvas pieces that I inked with the Squeezed Lemonade Ink in between the clusters...


I used the following papers...although it's only snippets of them...

 Divine Collection: Canzone
  Lifetime Collection:  Quilter
Lyric Collection: Overture


Thank you for visiting my "Spring Garden"...hope you enjoyed your brief visit!!!

There is a garden in every childhood,
 an enchanted place where colors are brighter,
 the air softer,
 and the morning more fragrant than ever again. 

 ~Elizabeth Lawrence~

5 comments:

  1. It's not often I see you working with these colours but that doesn't matter one bit because you are so talented and and it worked beautifully for you even though it was "unplanned"...lol!! Your misting is gorgeous (something I need to work on) and all in all a really stunning page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the PPP. It was a little harder than usuall but you rocked the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out beautifully Patricia! awesome job on the misting and painting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page Patricia! Love the purples and those beautiful details! Such a sweet and precious photo too! Super background work too....love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...