Monday, April 15, 2013

Scrap Africa ~ Challenge 16

Challenge 16 sees Rene challenging us to use Black and White photos, Triangles and Confetti! If you visit Scrap Africa you'll see the amazing ways our Design team tackled the challenge..

I used an image from the internet ( No, these are not long lost Aunties and Uncle from me!!! ) for my LO and lots of Prima products.



The papers I used are from the Tea-Thyme collection: Kersey and Charmuse
                              Almanac Collection: Composition
                          Rondelle Collection: Polonaise

I also used a Le Coque Mystere flower, a Typo Bulb and a Shabby Chic Treasures Window Shutter.



  I gave the window shutter some texture by embossing it with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing powder and some texture paste. Finished it of with some distress ink on the edges.



The background got a light coating of gesso and some Modeling paste masking using the Mini Damask Template from The Crafters Workshop.

  
                                 



My little bow was made with some canvas strings that I salvaged from a previous project...never throw anything away yes?






My new found love of altering my Typo Bulbs...this one was stamped and embossed with Distress embossing Powder. I punched some paper and formed three clusters of 'confetti' on my page. And no...the cat hair was not part of the design and has since been removed...lol!



Different layers were formed and added by my triangles, punched papers and some rolled back edges. I also did some stitching and beading on this LO.



  Another of my 'confetti' clusters.



And a last view of my layers... 

This is also a LO that I will not be keeping for myself...It will go to a good friend, Anita Lucia Hogan, who loves it on Facebook...hope she still likes it once she sees it in person...

Here is what is up for grabs to participants of the challenge...

A prize pack from 2 Crafty Chipboard.




 If instead of a gem, or even a flower,
 we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, 
 that would be giving as the angels give.
  ~George MacDonald~

 Hugs again
 Patricia



6 comments:

  1. gorgeous layout filled with beautiful details! LOVE it! big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous page! Everything is just perfectly perfect! So love your work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so much beauty and detail my friend ... love the softness and vintage feel to this beautiful page x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh là là!! adore the stitching and beading, just amazing embossed details and the colour scheme just makes my ticker go BOOM BOOM!! This is one of the most gorgeous pages I have seen lately!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely work! Absolutely beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Página linda, cheia de detalhes harmônicos e tons suaves, amei a delicadeza do trabalho.
    Patricia, obrigada pela visita ao meu blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...