Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sound Foundations for Prima's April BAP

This month  Prima BAP sketch by Lene just asks for some grungy, mixed media work...I did a whole bunch of texture work on this one, and wish you could see and feel it in real life, for the photos don't really do it justice!

The photos are of my son Francois taken back in 1988 when he was about 5 years old and we were building our house. I did not crop the photos too much, for I still want to see the unfinished walls in the picture...My title is meant to play on the foundations on which our house and home is build on and also the foundations we as parents lay down for our children to grow up with...



I am slowly finding my feet with the mixed media and texture work...baby steps, but I am getting the hang of it slowly...I found that I love adding different kinds of media, but still need my page to look neat and a little organized...This page has layers of misting, stamping, coarse Texture Gel, Modelling Paste and embossing on it. Let me take you though it all via some close-up photos. By clicking on my photos twice, you will get a real good zoomed in look, would you wish too.



It's hard to see, but I actually fuzzy-cut the bricks in the photo, blends them in nicely with my brick stamping. I embossed the stamped image with Ranger Antiquities Rust embossing powder. Also did a little shadow painting with Distress Markers on the bricks.



I inked the clock faces and stamped some texture with different colours of inks and did some embossing with clear UTEE. I did not like the first inking and whilst rubbing the ink off, also took some of the numbers off...I am now thinking of my clock face as heavily distressed!!!





After some stencilling I first misted with 3 different colours of mists and then added Coarse Texture gel to my page, The white is the texture gel. There after I used the mini splats template and some coloured modelling paste to add more drop effects as per the sketch.



Mixing a drop of Vintage Photo re-inker with the modelling paste and not mixing it thoroughly,gave me the two toned effect on the splats.







The typo Bulb was embossed with Ranger Blue Glass embossing powder...




The button from the chipboard sheet got two brads as decoration.





These last two photos are to try and show the depth of dimension I achieved by rolling and lifting the papers..!




I used the following Prima products...
Prima Paper, Engraver Collection: Cesello, Bank Note, Roulette, Cartouche.
Engraver Chipboard Pieces.
Engraver Brads.
Junkyard Findings,Typo Bulb, Clock Faces, Clock Hands.
Prima Alphabet Stickers.
The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Templates: Mini Splats, Mini Tile Texture.

Thank you for your visit...and if you're wondering...yes, we are still living in this same house...


It takes hands to build a house,
 but only hearts can build a home.  ~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. I'm just so in awe of your textures Patricia!! embossing on glass wow fabulous!! and the texture of the bricks wow!! gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly wonderful layout Miss Patricia. I love all of the mixed media stuff you got going on. I really love the stencils but now reading it was the brickwork on the background page a stamp????? I am taking real baby steps with the texture. I really love it but when I do it it just looks a mess :( will keep trying. I am loving what you are doing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow just amazing!!! i love everything about it patricia...amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my my......Absolutely STUNNING!! I just love it!!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...