Wednesday, January 15, 2014

~~~ Accept ~~~ OUAS / Jan 2014

And so the day finally arrived were I can reveal my very first page designed for Once Upon A...Sketch! Being in group B means that our reveal will be on the 15th of each month...how great is that, two Groups of designers, twice the fun and excitement of  project reveals!!! Take note as well that the entry date for challenges has been moved to the end of each month...giving you a few more days to create and enter, and with all the Marvellous sponsored prizes up for grabs, who would not want to enter? Also remember to post your works on the Facebook page, there you will stand a random change of winning a price pack of paints generously sponsored by 13@rts...

On to my take on the sketch by Nadia Cannizzo.



Journalling Theme: "Lesson learnt..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

 ~~~ Accept~~~


I turned the sketch on it's side. I used various Prima papers to create some layers and as matting for my photos.





Used a Prima Lace and Pearl Bling accent, two of the Prima Bark Butterfly embellishments and some chipboard. The canvas letters got a swipe with Distress Paint on the edges.







On the back of this tag is my journalling to myself...

" My word for this year is Acceptance... Besides the obvious accepting what I can not change, I also need to accept that not everybody likes me or understands me...The lesson in life that I have learned is knowing that I am sometimes seen as aloof and maybe a little snobbish, but that is far from who I am. I accept myself as being a bit of a loner and not doing great in company... I am not the one with words of wisdom, I am the listener and shoulder to cry on, the one to whom you can tell your hurts and sorrows and know that they will be save with me. Being hurt by friends in the past, I am going to let them go and concentrate on the ones that accept me as I am..."


I prefer to be true to myself,
 even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others,
 rather than to be false,
and to incur my own abhorrence.  

~Frederick Douglass~

6 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Patricia!!! The photos, the layers, the colour, the journaling ... everything is totally beautiful!! You are absolutely right ... always be true to yourself . If others cannot accept that, it is their problem!! Have to say you really touched my heart with this one!!! It is beautiful!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout has had a lot of thought and love put into.. love your journalling, you are a special lady.. I love how you have made the sketch your own, lovely photos and love the distressed edges too.. Be yourself, every body else is taken!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the photos, and the colours are perfect and suit the way you have described yourself. I am convince that while I am still far from the place I would like to be that this kind of wisdom comes with age. I have learned to accept that what others think of me says more about them than it does about me... I love this layout. SO great to have you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous! Love all that this page says!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Patricia and absolutely love the sentiment! The little quote in the bottom left hand corner is so very true!
    Gorgeous pics of you...and love all the super accents! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant page with a beautiful photo. I like the little swipes of ink along the alphas and layering. But most of all I enjoyed your eloquent words of self discovery and acceptance. Lovey work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...