Saturday, January 11, 2014

Step Card designed for Scraps of Elegance...

January is halfway done and this is my first blog post??? Yes I am feeling guilty and shame-full, but from now on I will be more up to date...that is if Mojo just decides to keep put for a while and not go on a walkabout again! 

Christmas and New Year were quite enjoyable...just some family time, spend together with the children. I opened our home again to the public this time during December, allowing them to come and see the decorated inside of the house...had to answer the same questions at least 3-4 times a night...lol! Think it is about time to follow the kids suggestion of printing a leaflet with all the answers and just pass that out to everyone....Although I did enjoy the people and their reactions, I am glad that it is over and I can get back to what I enjoy most...my Scrapings!

My first project for the year is also the first as new DT for Scraps of Elegance....We received a kit packed full of goodness, some delightful embellishments, flowers and Silks Acrylic Glaze from LuminArte. I am going to enjoy using different products and mediums that are new to me. Hoping that I will be able to inspire some one else to also try something different for this year!

I made an Easel card for Michelle's friend who turned 21 this week, her criteria was, Black, Pink and Vintage...and the Delightful Kit offered me all that was needed to fill my needs.




I used Paper from Bella Paperz: Damask and cut outs from Kaisercraft Key to my Heart; Adoring.



The Silks, from the Colour Add On, are new to me and after watching some You Tube videos to figure out what they are all about, I have used them in four different ways. I am loving the effect and colours of Pink Grapefruit and can see myself making good use of this little pot of mine! Here I have taken a metal corner embellishment, dabbed some Black Soot Distress Paint on it, heat set it and painted some Silks on. After heat setting it as well, I dabbed a few more spots of black paint on....Absolutely love the aged and distressed look of it!





Same Silks glaze, painted over some wet texture paste...It gives a very subtle golden shine...so soft and elegant. The mask is from Magenta and comes in the Embellishment Add On. 



This is were it got interesting! Once again the Pink Grapefruit Silks, but this time dry brushed over black paint! All I got here was that beautiful old Rose colour with the golden sheen...Love this look...and even painting it a little thicker on a piece of scrap, gave this old Rose effect...Adore this look!!!



Number four was colouring some crinkle ribbon. Another big Wow for me. I took a dollop of paint on my craft mat, added some water and swooped the ribbon through it. Dabbed a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the creases and dried with Heat gun. The Glaze made the ribbon a little stiff and gave a beautiful colour to it...another new favourite for sure! The soft Blue Pearl Brad by Kaisercraft is from the main Kit.



Loving these flowers from Maya Road, they are Mauve Vintage Lace Daisies and come in the Flower Add on. The petals are folded and stitched onto a base petal resulting in an interesting flower. Ruby Rock-It trim and pink Magnolia crystals make up this cluster.

I hope you enjoyed this first project of mine...Will be back soon with some more and also my take on Suepup's sketch for the month...

~~~~~



Coordinating paper add on

Paper Add on

Embellishment add on

Floral add on

Colour add on


 There are big ships and small ships. 
 But the best ship of all is friendship.  

2 comments:

  1. they are so lucky to have you Patricia!! you have started this new adventure with one gorgeous project!!
    and you're so right.....the best ship is friendship and I'm happy to be on the same ship with you sweetie! hugs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh!! Patricia this is such a stunning card!! Love the colours and your treatment on the metal corner looks fabulous!! Your first project for SOE is totally awesome and I agree with Ingrid ... I am so happy to be on this Friendship ship with you as well.. (Oh Wow!! Friendship ship!! My tongue tripped over that one!! hehe) Looooooove this card!!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...