Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Casual

Hi again! Being the 15th I have another Scrap Africa challenge reveal as well for you today!  For challenge # 25 Billie-Jean Beveridge challenged us to use at least one recycled item on our project... I must ask you to visit Scrap Africa's blog for my fellow Team mates have created some outstanding works using all kinds of recycled items!!!

The image I used was taken from Google and although my PP are not recycled, they were taken out of retirement...Don't know why I have not used them before as they are beautiful...

(Double click for zoomed view)


I have lightly Gesso'd the top paper, stamped with black ink, misted with Lindy's Stampgang, did some masking, stencil work with texture paste and also used some washi tape...

Let me take you through my recycled products...



The black, sequenced 'leaves' are from an Alice Band and the clock face with some washi tape on was cut from a Prima backing. 






I know it's so difficult to see the shimmer from the LSG mist Bodacious Blush in the photo, IRL it's the most amazing Antique Rose colour adding a touch of mauve to the page. I layered two Prima flowers on top of each other.




All the layers in this photo are recycled items! Starting from the top I used the negative of the die-cut that I used on the right hand side of the photo, cut from Prima packaging. Next is some gauze  swab (technically it's not recycled, for it is a fresh one...lol! ) that I have stiffened with Tokreen. Next is a piece of plastic vegetable bag that I blasted with my Heat gun to give it some distressed texture. Lastly I have a clothing tag with it's added string and safety pin...






Another die-cut piece of Prima packaging with a little Tag that came with socks that I had bought. I have embossed the Tag with Stampendeous Aged Ivory Enamel and black soot distress paint.



My recycled products.




Do join us in this challenge to stand a chance to win one of these gifts!

Filipinos don't wallow in what is miserable and ugly. 
They recycle the bad into things of beauty.
Imelda Marcos 

11 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with that white thing.. I totally didn't even recognize it after you altered it. Love your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love that stencil you used and the sequins... such a clever idea. I think I will have to raid Storms hair accessories. Beautiful layers and papers. Stunning Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love the distress look and all the layers.I love the idea of using the heat gun on the plastic vegetable bag...This is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this might be my favourite of all your pieces so far, Patricia. I REALLY love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous page Patricia! Everything, from the distressing, to the colours, to the upcycled bits etc...just fabulous! You certainly have a distinctive style my dear..and it's awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally awesome!!! Absolutely love this Patricia!!! Love that fabulous stencil and also the way you sprayed and stamped your paper ... it looks divine!! I also love the 'vegie' bag ... brilliant!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this is wonderful. Love the recycling too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Just stunning! I love the colors and flowers - it's so soft and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove it, I will def try. Thank you for such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. An elegant and feminine page which could be straight out of a Hollywood billboard. So many techniques generously shared and the whole thing is a triumph.....looking forward to being on team with you at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have created a true masterpiece. I love all your upcycling bits and pieces.Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...