Monday, March 31, 2014

Remember 2 Live your Dream ... March sketch - OUAS

Good morning friends on this Monday morning...The start of yet another week and soon another month! Autumn is slowly creeping up on us here in South Africa and I can't tell you how much I love the crisp feeling and colour changes it brings! I must admit that these past few weeks have seen me going through a bit of a Scrapping dip...I was finding it difficult to design and have just been doing the bare necessity's that had to be done...even Blogging has been taking a back seat! Therefore, be prepared for a bit of post overload, for I am going to try and get up to date as soon as possible...lol!

Apology's to OUAS...this challenge ends in 3 hours, enough time for some super fast Scrappers to still get an entry in!!! Although I battled to get the creative juices flowing, this one did turn out as I wanted and I even enjoyed doing it...The DT and especially the entries that we are getting on our challenges are just awe inspiring and so talented. Please take time to visit the Once Upon A...Sketch blog and enjoy the creativeness.

Our journalling theme this month was as follows...
You only live once, 
but if you do it right
Once is Enough

I chose to scrap my three children and have written a personal message to each of them on a Tag on the back. They each have their own weaknesses and also strengths, and my wish for them is to realise how special they are in their own unique way and to live life at it's fullest.



I did some mixed media work on the background, layering strips of papers, builders tape and Washi Tapes, just to cover some of it with Gesso and various inks and mists. Also did some stamping and masking with black Embossing paste.



The Elegant Flourish from Dusty Attic was embossed with Distress Embossing Powder; Dried Marigold and Tattered Rose. The inside got some Crackle Paint.



This border was created by covering a piece of card stock with some foil, coloured it with Alcohol Inks; Denim, Slate and Sunset Orange and Die cut it with the Washer Border Die from Tim Holtz.



I used 13arts Mist; Yellow Amber and Lindy's Down the Rabbit Hole for colour. The masking is done with Studio 490 black Embossing Paste and The Crafters Workshop's mini Ledger mask. 



The Taps are from Prima's Junkyard Findings.  I even used the inside confetti from the Die as added elements.


Every now and then,
when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight...
~Hazelmarie ‘Mattie’ Elliott~

3 comments:

  1. This is sensational! Love all the texture you got going on with the mesh tape, love the colors.. beautiful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Love everything about it! Thanks for sharing. I'm in love with embossing pastes and whatever non-traditional items that can be glued, painted, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!!!! Love the colour and all the amazing textures. So much detail (love that circle border and the taps), so much to see!! Love, love, love!! ox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...