Friday, July 25, 2014

Fabulous You...July SOE Kit 'Chasing Rabitts'

Today's page shows some of the gorgeous elements we received in the 'Chasing Rabbits' July kit from Scraps of Elegance...The photo is one of Chantelle...


I used the Mad Tea Party collection from Marion Smith; Roses R Red and Wonderland. I did some punching, fuzzy cutting and layering. Also used some stickers from the Kaisercraft Storyteller Sticker Sheet.



The flowers are from Petaloo, Fuchsza Burlap Blossoms and Teal Botanica Blooms.The little resin Angels are from Prima...they are the word sets...I bought all the words but find them to bulky for a page, now I'm going to tuck all the adorable angels all around my pages...The wooden leaves are also from Prima, inked with a little Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.





I am so inspired by the gorgeous pleating that one can find on Marilyn Rivera's pages...if you are not familiar with her work, please visit her blog, Treasuring Memories  and see how she transforms paper into masterful drapes...


In the kit we received a packet of watercolour heart shaped Tags from Heidi Swapp. I coloured mine with the C'est la vie Cerise Flat Fabio spray by Lindy's Stampgang from the Colour add-on. I wanted a mottled effect, therefore I sprayed it on a dry card, dried it and sprayed a second layer. I also used the beautiful stamp from the embellishment add-on, also from Heidi Swapp, with the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. Using the same colour palette gives amazing detail without one colour over-powering the other.



Another Heidi Swapp addition to the kit are these sticker words...They have a lovely embossed look to them.

If you are not subscripted to the Scraps of Elegance Kit club yet and would love to receive it each month...I would strongly advice you to do so, for the kits are really jam-packed with goodness and the add ons are sold out the minute Melinda posts them...

Current kits (store): http://store.scrapsofdarkness.com/kits/?sort=alphaasc
Scraps of Elegance FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scraps-of-Elegance/460071804036449
Scraps of Darkness FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scraps-of-Darkness/357265887693290
Tutorials: http://scrapsofdarkness.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html
Retired Kits: http://scrapsofdarkness.blogspot.com/p/retired-kits.html

Thank you once again for the visit...leaving you with this thought for the day...

Some people, no matter how old they get,
never lose their beauty,
they merely move it from their faces into their hearts.  
~Martin Buxbaum~

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Patricia!! love all the beautiful details....your draped paper looks awesome! Thank you so much ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful page love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, love the vibrant colors of your flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow such a striking and enchanting LO. loving the photo too, loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the design x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wondered about the kits. I am always nervous about ordering stuff by mail. My track record this month hasn't been great. I am still waiting for my parcel from Ayeeda which I ordered when I got back and that was in May and still nothing. :( I am so fed up with our postal service. Rant over. I do love this layout and is that you in the photo - all made up and pretty :) beautiful layout for a beautiful lady. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Patricia....love the design and elements here! Love the folded papers....and just beautiful, beautiful work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...