Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Beginnings

This LO was made with a competition pack hosted by a favourite scrapbook shop of mine called Fruitful-Hands... It was quite a challenge for this isn't papers and Embellishments that I would normally buy! It took me out of my comfort zone for a while and made me ponder on what kind of LO I should make with it. In the end it ended up as  a layered, distressed, punched LO anyhow...just what I usually do, there for mission failed for I did not do any thing different than usual! LOL!



This photo is so precious to me for it is me and my Father when I was but a few months old. At the time we were still living in the Netherlands...

The papers are from Ruby Rock-it, the Bella! Wedding Range.



We were given the heart shaped die cuts, I rolled mine to give some dimension and cut one in half to layer it. I also stamped the image of the butterfly with the stamp provided. We couldn't use our cutting machines or die cuts, but could use flower and butterfly punches.



The title is from the local chipboard manufactor,  Celeb8. I coloured it with Distress Stains and sprinkled coarse salt on it to absorb the inks and gave it a topping of clear UTEE.





The leaves were punched from a piece of foil that was provided and coloured with Alcohol Inks and Snow Cap Mixative...hope leaves count as part of flowers!!! The little flowers and butterflies were also punched from the foil.





I cut the lace into three and gathered it to make some lace flowers.

Now of course I am the only one with a single page LO...I really have no illusion of winning...I would actually apreciate some acknowledgement for my work and who knows maybe somewhere along the line some Design Team work. Now that would give me tremendous satisfaction!!!

Thank you for having a look at my scribblings again...have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, that's a beautiful layout! I love the effect you obtain with your title. I think I will borrow your technique. Hope that's you will be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, This layout is beautiful! A one pager or not. My money is on your page. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...