Thursday, February 20, 2014

Once Upon A ... Sketch ~ February 2014

... A Cup of Ambition ...

It is the second half of the month meaning group B at Once Upon A ... Sketch have revealed their work done with the sketch by Nadia Cannizzo...

Our journalling theme for the month is "Totally Addicted to..." I did not need to think twice to know that I had to scrap my addiction to coffee...GOOD coffee....Decent coffee...Beautiful coffee... You get my drift?

I am in total awe of a beautiful presented coffee, be it a Latte, Cappuccino, Espresso...Love the foam art presented at some restaurants and when I am spoiled with a beautiful and interesting cup and saucer...I'm in coffee heaven!!!



I tried my hand at the amazing style of Georgia Heald as per her tutorial at Pop and Colours 2 that I am following. I had so much fun at layering and texturing with different mediums... could get used to this kind of work!

I am sharing some close ups just to show all the different textures on the page...If you would like a closer look...just double click on the photo and you will have a much closer view of all the 'messiness'...





I used the following inks and mists. From Lindy's Stampgang: Cape Coral Cod,  Gregasious Grey and Steampunk Sepia. Distress Paints: Wild Honey. I used the Mini Tiny Circles mask from The Crafters Workshop with Black Embossing Paste. For the white masking I use Bubbles from the Tim Holtz Collection.



A piece of Wood Icon from Prima coloured with some stains.



The strip of paper was punched and rolled to add some interest and dimension to it.



A few strips of distressed lace and some stitching...






The resin key from Prima was distressed with Wild Honey, Antiqued Bronze and Black Soot Distress Paint. The large baubles are also from Prima.





Thank you for your visit...keep me in mind the next time you are having a delightful cuppa!!!!


I judge a restaurant by the bread
and by the coffee.

~Burt Lancaster~

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Patricia! It's a real stunner! Love your take on Georgia's style...but still Patricia's style underneath! Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning layout! I love the texture and the colors and admire your use of different mediums. Your design gives the perfect atmosphere for the theme and the photo. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Enjoyed the humor in your journalling, and all the careful work you put into the details is wonderful. Two of my faves are the key and the wood icon... LOVE how you distressed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is stunning. I love your background details and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Love all the layers. Very clever.
    I love the quote too! I judge a restaurant by Sticky Toffee Pudding myself!
    Hettie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely layout! I love all the layers, textures and colors. It also makes me want to go make myself some coffee LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing.. I love all the textures and layers and yes I admire how they make the patterns on the coffee too.. My son is a barista so he knows all about making a superb cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really pops. I love the way the photo is the focus of the page, yet there is so much interest going on around it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page Patricia!! Gorgeous colour mix and so much detail. The background is amazing ... love all the texture and the stitching. Beautiful work as always. I'm not much into coffee as such but I do love latte and chai, and I certainly adore this page!! Totally stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout - amazing details and I love that quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout. I am loving the Pop and Colours as well. So much to learn from them all. This suits your style too. Gorgeous ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely Gorgeous layout....Love all the details, colours, design...Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can certainly see the Georgia influence. You nailed this, with all the different layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...