Friday, January 11, 2013

~~ Goodness Gracious Me ~~


This will be my first try at Prima's Build a Page... I am going to try and live out my word for 2013 - Perseverance - to its fullest. I will need to learn to, well, persevere, for I admit that I can very easily be disheartened and in self doubt about my scrapping...It is easy to say one should scrap for fun and to preserve memories for future generations...but for me it is an art form as well...And there are so many great, amazingly talented scrappers who are constantly bombarding us with new techniques and ideas, it can become a bit intimidating at times.

I am going to try out as many new ideas as I can, but in the end still stay true to myself! And I am not going to let myself get down if I do not succeed...I will just try again, or move on to the next challenge!!! Wise words this early in the year, I know...let's see how long I can keep to them...lol!

Felicity Wilson provided this sketch for January... Lots of white space, one of my problem areas, and I know I wasn't fully successful in the interpretation of  white space, but I loved working on this LO and actually love the out come as well.





This fellow graced us with his beauty at the Cheetah Park, although he is a Leopard...lol!
I used the following Prima papers, Almanac Collection /Agenda, Edison 
                                                    Reflection Collection / Meadowlark
                                           Rondelle Collection / Cotillion





A twig of the Blossom Branch Walnut with a Genie Stone. The chipboard is from our local Celeb8 and is coloured with Lindys Stampgang Macigal Mica's.



Flowers and leaves from the Bretton Parchment Vine.



I used a Prima / Donna Downey Studio Mask to first mist with Lindys Mists / Phantom Fucia, then used it with some texture paint and finally a few spritz of Violaceous Violet.

Thank you for your visit...have a wonderful, peaceful weekend

Hugs....




5 comments:

  1. Hey Patricia, I very much enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so openly. I think you are off to a great start for this year both in the way you are thinking and with your creation. It´s laid out beautifully. I love details and you´ve combined so many into a good design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl...this is stunning! How you can ever doubt your talent and creativity, is beyond me!!!!! LOL
    Your work is really fabulous and I love your styling here and you did a brilliant job with this sketch! Super, super work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome take on the sketch Patricia!! great background! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...