Monday, January 7, 2013

T!M's Bithday Card...

And so we get to the end of the Compendium of Curiosities Vol II Challenges hosted by Linda Ledbetter at Studio L3... although I didn't join in the fun for the last few challenges, I did keep track of the entries and enjoyed seeing the different takes on the techniques!

The Grand Final is to make a birthday Card for The Man himself...phewww... what a challenge??? Like so many others I was also thinking, Me, make a card for the great Tim Holtz? But of course I and we have to...if only to show him how much we learn from him and how incredible much we enjoy his products!

There for...here is me, Patricia Basson from South Africa, wishing the Master of Grunge the very best of birthdays...may it be the most amazing day and year ahead!!!

We could use any technique from either Vol I or II. It was so difficult to choose only one...I went with a few of my favourites. All the material used, from paper to products, even my scissors and rulers are all Ranger products!!! How's that for devotion?

This then is my card with some close ups...please remember that double clicking will bring the action even closer, should you wish too...



I made one of these fold cards again...love how one gets more surface to play with...Used papers from the Crowded Attic Paper Stash,and all my edge inking was done with Black Soot Distress Stains. 



The tag has various techniques on it. I blended, flick and spritz ( my favourite), Dabber resist and some stamping. 



The crinkle Ribbon was also coloured with various Distress Inks.



The lace is an Alteration  Die cut 'Vintage Lace' ...



A shot to show the layers and dimension...



This for me is the 'piece-de-resistance' of the card. I covered some card stock with foil, send it through my Big shot with the Riveted Metal embossing folder, Die cut the Ticket Strip and then coloured with various Alcohol Inks...and adhered with my mini stapler!



Apologies for the double photos...could not decide which one was best...lol...told you I love these tickets!



And this is how we South Africans mostly celebrate birthdays...with a proper South African BRAAI...no not a BBQ...a BRAAI with good old Karoo lamb tjops and sizzling boerewors!!! This is an invite to Tim and Mario to join me in a braai next time we meet in South Africa ;-)






These were cut using the Wordplay Alphabet and also Alcohol Inked...



And just another side view of the card...

We are welcome to send these cards to Tim...I really hope he enjoys all of them, I had a look and boy are there some stunning cards coming his way!!!

I am leaving you with this quote...quite fitting if one knows Tim...

 I think, at a child's birth,
 if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift,
 that gift should be curiosity. 

Eleanor Roosevelt 



12 comments:

  1. I like the braai. Yes that is so traditional. Sure they will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful details Patricia. Love the metal look you have achieved on those letters too. Just FANTASTIC. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia, this is LOVELY!!! I love all the layers and depth and those tickets are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fantastic patricia! i love all of the techniques and textures...it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love it, so many nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! That is amazing. I keep looking at all the details you put into this. I love the style and shape of the card and all the "goodies" you put into this. The letter for TIM is stunning. I enjoyed learning about your Braai. That grill embellishment you made is awesome. Enjoyed the fitting quote as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I love all the texture and different techniques and those tickets turned out beautifully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, Patricia! What a cool design, and I'm sure Tim will be delighted!

    Thanks so much for joining the Birthday Card challenge!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous - I love those tickets too and the BRAAI looks really cool - not seen one of those before but what a wonderful embellishment it makes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage elements on these. And amazing distressing

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful....love the vintage feel and the distressing! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!!! so many wonderful details and techniques!! love that braai! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...