Saturday, January 26, 2013

~ Persevere ~

Today I am posting a LO following January's challenge at Zeus and Zoe...The first of many I hope! The challenge posted by DT member Romy is to create a project using one's special word for 2013...

As I have posted before I am hoping to persevere this year with some aspects of  my scrapping! Following  different challenges is one of them.

Trying many different mediums and styles is another...and that I did with this LO...and I enjoyed it and am happy with the results! I went a little Gesso and Mist crazy on this LO,  I used canvas and what seems to be a trend at the moment...burlap...!



I have used the back of a Prima Mist-A-Ble canvas. Also used several Papers from the Tea-Thyme Collection, although one can't see them any more after all the gesso and inking lol!



Some Prima Vine flowers on top of a Lace sticker from Basic Grey. And a Typo Bulb from Junkjard findings.



The 2 Crafty Scrolls held up to some heavy inking, gesso and UTEE treatment making them extra grungy looking! I added some half pearls, for a little feminine touch....!


The 2 Crafty Border was done with Stampendous Aged Green Embossing Enamel...and I followed Gabrielle Pollacco's tutorial to make a paper ruffles border as well....think I need some more practice on that one....lol!



I used a Ledger template from The Crafters Workshop and Ranger Gesso to add some texture to the LO and once dry sprayed on various Lindys Stamp Gang Mists.



Love the toadstool from Ingvild's Shabby Chic collection, with some snippets of the 2 Crafty border.



Luscious golden specks in the green  Embossing Enamel.



Loved the effect of a little gesso masking on my photo... 

That then is my inky mixed medium version of my 2013 word...Persevere...hope to see some more of my scrapping friends do projects of their "word"...

The will to persevere
 is often the difference
 between failure and success. 
David Sarnoff 

9 comments:

  1. Wow Patricia, once again a stunning layout. I love all the techniques you used and your ability to make them all work together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning LO Patricia.. adore all your mixed media techniques and altered chippies!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ZZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh WOWSERS Patricia. This is absolutely STUNNING. You have done an amazing job here. I do looooooove the way you have used the 2 Crafty chipboard Border & Scroll Corners & the finish you have created on them. Love it all. Would you post this on the 2 Crafty facebook page so that everyone can see it , please. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! such a gorgeous layout as always patricia!! i adore this...such beautiful details and i love your treatment to the chippies...i wish i could do this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful page my friend and I love that photo of you!! Once again...an awesome job on the chippies....so LOVE those little mushrooms :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning details and the UTEE effect is realy grungy, very beautiful LO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! Your page is terrific. I love that you have used so many different techniques ( very brave to gesso mask onto your photo, love it, looks amazing ). Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Zeus and Zoe and good luck with all the challenges that you are going to take part in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Patricia! I love your OLW and I just know with your perseverance, many a new and exciting things will come your way! You are super talented and I love your work!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love alll the elements and details you've added to this page. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...