Tuesday, January 1, 2013

~IMAGINARIUM DT~

Last year I made the resolution to take the huge step - for me -  to apply for the Design Teams of various company's that I would love to design for. It really took a huge amount of courage to send in various applications and of course getting the 'Thank you, but not this time' mail dampened my spirit at some times...

When the call for Imaginarium Designs came again, I at first did not want to apply as I have not been successful the first time... but in the end I knew I had to keep on trying, for who knew what would have been had I not applied.

Well can you just imagine my utter disbelieve when I opened my mail box on Friday and read the following...


"Hello Patricia
Congratulations.
It is with great delight that we invite you to be part of our amazing 2013 Design Team for Imaginarium Designs. We were absolutely thrilled with your submission and would love for you to join us for the coming year!  "


...I went back several times during the course of the day making sure it was actually true! This for me is a great honour, for I get to work with one of my favourite mediums - Chipboard - and just have a look  at the rest of the DT...I am in a DT with Gerry and Ingvild!!! Two of my all time favourite scrappers. I am also eager to get to know the rest of the girls, some familiar names and some brand new ladies.



Natalie May Design Team Co-Coordinator  - Australia
Lady Grace Belarmino - Singapore
Shell Carman - Australia
Karen Zueger - USA
Patricia Basson - South Africa...This is me!
Larissa Albernaz - Brazil
Evengia Petzer - South Africa
Miranda Edney - USA
Jolaine Frias - USA
Julie McKenna - Australia
Maiko Miwa - Japan
Sandrine Dawes - Australia
Sarah Routledge - Canada
Amy Voorthuis - Netherlands
Evgenia Sokolinskaya - Russia
Ingrid Gooijer - Netherlands
Sandie Edwards - Australia
Carole Maurin - France
Solange Marques - Brazil
Gerry Van Gent -Netherlands
Sue Smyth - Australia
Kaori Fujimoto - Japan


I hope that I will be a little bit of an inspiration to someone out there, just the way I am inspired by visiting various blogs...

And let this also be a motto for me and others...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. 
The most certain way to succeed 
is always to try just one more time. 

Thomas A. Edison 

And here is a sample of what I will get to work with this year...I received these chippies as a "thank you" gift the first time I applied...


I prepared the chippies with gesso and then inked them with Donna's Mixd Media Inx/Schoolhouse. I also used  Spellbinders Dies; Basic Lattice and Foilage #2. The flower is of course from Prima...



Thank you for your visit and may 2013 be kind to all of you...


6 comments:

  1. Well done to you for not giving up. I can't wait to see what you create for them. Their products are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Patricia! Very well done and so deserved indeed! You go girl....2013 is going to be your year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY congratulations to you!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SUPER THRILLed for you my friend and a HUGE, HUGE BIG congratulations to you!! You soooo deserve this chance and opportunity!! Enjoy it!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! Looking forward to working with u this year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...