Monday, April 30, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 April / Studio L3 Challenge #3



Good morning all.... Today's post combines two challenges at once... Tim's April tag and Linda's CC2 #3 over at Studio L3. This week we turn to page 46 of A Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2. The technique is Marbled Stains...something that most of us students seem to battle with ... although Professor Tim makes it seem so easy! The sponsor of this weeks $25 prize is eclectic Paperie. I shopped around a little and must confess that I could use a gift certificate there!

Tim's techniques this month contains his beautiful new Bird Branch Die...which of course I do not have, there for I cut an image out of grunge paper with my Cameo! He also used Reflections Stamps...another no have yet!!! and an embossing folder. Although I do have the embossing folder Tim used, ( something I have, at least! ) I bought this beautiful embossing folder from Couture Creations called Waterfall, and I thought it gave a very nice back ground to my project! Here then is my take on Tim's techniques for April...



I used the Marble Stain effect on both back grounds...the stamped one was my practice tag that I used as a matting layer.



I used Tattered Rose Distress embossing powder and Antiquities Verdigris on my branch.



My Bird was coloured with Distress Inks and a little Dusty Concord Distress Marker. The little crown was inked as per the Faux Patina Technique.



Although I do battle with the Marble Stains technique, I don't think this one came out to bad! One can see a little marble at least....

Thank you for your visit today! Have a wonderful, peace full week....leaving you with this thought...

A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  
It sings because it has a song. 

 ~Chinese Proverb~

13 comments:

  1. Stunning! I really love your spin on the April tag. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card, I love everything about it!!
    Ann-R xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, another reason why I want to go and do the Tim Holtz class with Cariena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a FABULOUS job with the Marbled Stains technique, Patricia! This is a gorgeous card, with lovely colors and great composition and such wonderful texture. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love all the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually watched the tut on that tag..it is stunning and so is yours..as always beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being chosen as a winner from Aprils tags! Whohooo, your wish came true, hopefully you will get a voucher like me and you can get what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your take on this tag. All the lovely colors and textures, and the little details...the scrolls coming from the word band are really cool. It's gorgeous. Congratulations on the shout-out from Tim; well deserved!! Have a great dayl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag. Congratulations on being a winner xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on winning the April tag challenge!:)

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on winning for April Tag.. Your entry is just darling. That royal bird is too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...