Thursday, April 19, 2012

~~~ Rainbow ~~~ Scrap Africa Challenge # 3


Let's celebrate our "rainbow nation" !
Make anything with a rainbow or inspired by a rainbow: you can decorate your project with a rainbow or you can use a photograph of a rainbow in your layout. You can use the word "rainbow" in the title of your project. Or you can be inspired by a beautiful picture of a rainbow to create a colorful effect on your project.

This was challenge # 3 hosted by Scrap Africa ending today. When I first saw the challenge, I knew I wanted to play with flowers arranged in the colours of a rainbow. From there on my page took shape with a quote, then some designs and elements and lastly the photo! All upside down, I know...but I think the end result isn't to bad...no, actually I think it looks quiet good!

I am combining this with my March DT pack from Enmarc Craft. I used the Dazzle Stencil; Old Brick Wall, to blend me a Rainbow brick wall. The Birds in the Garden were sprayed with the new Eggshell Dazzle Spray and the Frame was treated to a layer of red paint...some crackle paint and finally a layer of green paint! 

The photo is Michelle aged about 5 month...This was back in 1990! 







Love this effect of crackle on the Enmarc Frame... The flower was just covered with some Stickles.








The back ground papers were white, I did some resist stamping and used my Distress inks to blend the colours.





Thank you for visiting....Please pop in to both Scrap Africa and Enmarc Craft who both have super challenges going at the moment!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I love all the blooms and the beautiful chipboard. You nailed this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the rainbow!!! was that difficult? I want to make something like that but do not have a large backround stamp. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page. Love everything about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Очень красиво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie here! I absolutely loved this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog :) MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia I love this LO of yours soooo much! really beautiful, gentle and colorful ♥
    it't a pity we couldn't invite you as a GD again ;-))))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...