Tuesday, April 24, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 March




When I first saw this card with the mosaic butterflies, I thought of giving it a skip for I am not that fond of mosaic... but I am planning of doing all the Tags and CC101 and Simon Says Stamp and Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities 2....and , and, and...." I seem crazy yea?" anyway, seeing as I want to do all the Tags I had to do this one as well!

And boy oh boy, am I glad I did... for I love the look of the little snippets of paper in between the grout! Well, in my case I did not yet have the grout, there for I used Platinum UTEE, and I loved the out come. I did not heat the UTEE to much on the large butterfly, it still has some texture, but on the small butterfly I melted the UTEE completely, giving it a smooth texture. I received my Antiquities Cement Embossing Powder yesterday and will give this technique another try.

I am not making Tags, but instead making card like projects combining different techniques...for this one I did a brush less water colour background as taught by Prof Tim on the second day of CC 101. I used a La Blanche stamp for this card. I also made a frame with the Wood Stamp. 

This is my project....




These are Pennants from the Alterations Die.






Thank you for your visit...Have a pleasant day... I am leaving you with this Irish Blessing...


May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to land on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.


4 comments:

  1. just fabu u lous! Thanks for sharing how you got the texture on the larger butterfly...gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous AGAIN!!!! Such a clever girl!! That's one thing I admire about you..your willingness to learn new techniques :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I wasn't so afraid of trying new techniques...this is awesome. Your butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia your mosaics are just gorgeous. Very inspiring & touch my heart. Thank you for participating in the CC101FBGroup Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...