Thursday, April 26, 2012

Guest Designer for Scrap Africa!

What a wonderful privilege it was to be asked to design a Mothers day project for Scrap Africa...


In May we celebrate Mother's Day (May 13) in South Africa.
This is a wonderful opportunity for us at Scrap Africa to celebrate motherhood
with our love and creativity.
Create any scrap object, which  in some way related to a mother. 
There is a catch though!
In your projects, you will need to use a phrase, a poem or a special message dedicated to a mother - be it yourself, your own mother or anyone else you would want to say something nice about as a mother.

This is my contribution... I made a Step Card using Pion Papers and Dusty Attic Chip board pieces....





I really had a heavy hand in the distressing...I used various colours of chalk, and then took a scratching tool to the chippy to give it a weathered look!






The vase was put through a coloured texture fader and the cuttlebug.




I wasn't too happy with the first photo...this one shows the steps a little better.

Thank you for looking....I'm leaving you with a little Mother quote...


Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
~George Cooper

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours and the steps look good, could you show it from the side so I can get an idea of the depth? And yes, before you look at the timeo of this comment and wonder where in the world I am instead of home in CT...I can't sleep so I am cruising the net! It is 4:30something...Don't usually have this problem though so not too irritated...putting it to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty!!!I love the lovely window frame and the distressing is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia your card is so special! such an interesting construction! very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...