Thursday, April 26, 2012

Studio L 3 Challenge...

Over at Linda Louise Ledbetter's extra room upstairs ( I agree Linda...Studio L3 works much better!!! )... she is hosting a challenge for us using techniques from Tim Holt's Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2. Each week we have to use a certain technique. This week we are using page 58, Faux Patina. I can not tell you how to do the technique, for we want to encourage every one to purchase their own wonderful book.

There are also prizes to be won...always a good reason to create!!! This weeks prize is sponsored by Angie Lentz and it is a very beautiful idea-ology Messenger Bag, autographed by Tim himself!

Here then is my take on Faux Patina...it is used on the Ornate Plate...







The background was created by covering a piece of card stock with a thick layer of gesso paint and then I pressed and wrinkled a piece of tissue wrap on to it. A good helping of Distress Inks and spray mists and a stamp followed.

I am posting this on the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge as well. This weeks challenge is Stamp and Show your favourite word. I chose Sentimental as my word, for that I am most certainly!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Patricia! Beautiful job on the Ornate Plate-- the Faux Patina looks great, and the little photo is my very favorite from the Paper Stash. I just love all the visual texture you created on the background. Lovely! Thanks so much for being part of the CC2C!

    Hugs, from the VERY messy extra room upstairs!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Patricia, thank you for sharing your creation with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...